1 Small Chicken Breast
1 Clove Garlic (crushed with the flat side of a knife)
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
400-500ml Chicken or Vegetable Stock
1 tsp Mai Siam Tom Yum Soup Paste
5 Pak Choi Leaves
1 Handful Bean Sprouts
1 Red Chilli (optional)
3 Sprigs Fresh Coriander
2 Sprigs Mint (take the leaves off the stems)
2 tsp Mai Siam Fish Sauce (optional)
1/2 tsp Sugar (to taste)
1 Clove Garlic (crushed)
1-2 Lime Wedges
100g Flat Rice Noodles (dry weight)
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a small pan and quickly fry the garlic.
2. Before it burns, add the chicken stock and bring it to the boil.
3. Add the Tom Yum paste and when the soup is boiling, add the chicken breast to poach. Alternatively,
slice the chicken and add to the pot.
4. Next add fish sauce and a little sugar to taste.
5. When the meat is cooked (remove chicken breast and slice), add the noodles and pak choi.
6. When the pak choi is al dente, take the noodles off the heat and pour into a large bowl.
7. Garnish with raw beansprouts, coriander and mint leaves.
8. Serve steaming hot, with lime wedges and extra sliced chillies for the brave.